The Inspector (aka. Ted Lutz)
|Cost||N/A (not for sale/Unplayable)|
|Tokens||N/A (not for sale/Unplayable)|
Whenever he would catch a character spraying graffiti on one of the trains (vandalizing), he would chase him/her down the tracks until that character has ran into a train, barrier, pole, etc.
If the character has only bumped into an obstacle, the inspector will appear on the screen, gaining on them and will yell "Halt!"; if the character crashes into an obstacle, they will be caught by the inspector, ending their run.
The Inspector appears to be a middle aged overweight train inspector. He wears an olive green patrol jacket and a hat the same color. He also wears dark brown khakis with a visible black belt black shoes, and also has a brown mustache. His eyes are not seen open at all (due to his big hat). Throughout the holiday and world tour editions, he would receive a different outfit.
Halloween////: He is dressed in a Frankenstein's monster outfit and his dog is a skeleton.
Holiday////: He is dressed as Santa Claus and his dog as Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.
- The Guard.
- The Security Guard.
- It is possible for the Inspector to be hit by a train. After bumping into an obstacle, run into a speeding train and he will be too ran over, along with his dog.
- Sometimes, the Inspector's dog will survive the train.
- Strangely, when getting caught, the inspector will land at the character from the air. Something similar happens when the character "bumps" on the side after they either finished the Jetpack or the Pogo Stick.
- No matter how long players run, the Inspector will always chase them until the end.
- The Inspector is the only character in the game that is unplayable (excluding his dog).
- The Inspector is one of the oldest characters in the game.
- The Inspector has the most outfits in the game, with a new outfit each edition.
- His outfits also change automatically, the player cannot change them by will.
- The Inspector's dog is never seen leaving his side (ever) in the game.
- His real name is Ted Lutz, as revealed in a Subway Surfers dossier video.
|Editions • Characters • Outfits • Items • Hoverboards • Power-Ups • Extra Challenges|